On October 1981 Additional District Court was established at Ramban. The foundation stone of the existing Court Complex was laid by Hon’ble Dr. A S Anand, the then Chief Justice of J & K and later was inaugurated by Mr. Justice R P Sethi on 09.10.1993. A total no. of 18 Additional District Judge were appointed in this court till March 2008. The first Additional District Judge appointed at Ramban was Mr. G L Raina. The court was upgraded to Principal District & Sessions Court Ramban vide Govt. Order No. 1213-LD(A) of 2008, dated 31.03.2008.